Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Dinosaur sandwiches and toddler appetites

A while ago, my son decided that he didn't want to eat any more. He goes through phases and I try not to worry, they are usually related to teething pain. However sometimes it does go on and naturally as a parent, you worry! He wouldn't even eat his favourite sandwiches! 
I saw a dinosaur Kitchen Craft sandwich cutter in the local toy shop and bought it and to my amazement he gobbled the whole lot up! For a while the sandwiches HAD to be dinosaur sandwiches! haha. I think he is now a bit confused as when he has a "normal" sandwich now he calls it a dinosaur! 
Worth trying something fun if you can but I guess ultimately try not to worry they wont starve themselves! A good friend recommended a book called My Child Won't Eat (by Carlos Gonzalez) I haven't read it myself but heard lots of good things about it.

He is now 22 months and some days he just doesn't eat much at all and I can't help but worry, especially when it's just two mouthfuls of food THE WHOLE DAY! He always seems to drink his milk (morning and evening) so at least he has that. He ate loads and loads yesterday so I guess he is quite good at self regulating. Another good idea another friend recommended was a post on another blog about putting finger foods in an ice cube tray for example carrots, frozen peas, pretzels etc (blog is A Simple Toddler Lunch by BobbleHeadBaby if you're interested).

I would love to hear your tips and tricks for baby and toddler meal times for those days when I am internally screaming about the non-eating! Please leave any suggestions in the comments ;)

TTFN,
30 Something Mamma and the Dinosaur Sandwich.




No comments:

Post a Comment